Search Engine Optimization is the process of promoting a website in order to increase the number of visitors it receives from search engines. The higher ranked a page is and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive.
- When it comes to SEO, Sydney has a lot of companies providing the service. But in order to find a perfect fit, one must ask the following questions:
- The number of years the business has been around?
- Do they guarantee a No. 1 position?
- How many keywords have they been able to rank on search engines, particularly Google?
- What are the techniques used to increase visibility and ranking of a website? Is any Black Hat technique used, which provides short-term positive results but are generally considered unfair?
- Is there a team of professional writers who specialize in SEO writing?
- How is web traffic generated? Does the company also develop landing pages that are the pages a visitor arrives at after clicking on an advertisement?
- Do they have testimonials of former clients and examples of sites they have optimized?
- Does the company have a permanent physical address, or do they operate from their garage or backyard?
- How accessible is the company? Does the client deal directly with a SEO person or with a salesperson working as a middleman? Is the company accessible by the phone?
While choosing a company, one must always look around and do some research before making a decision. After all, your website is your online image and identity and will go a long way in deciding if you should chase the competition, or outrank it.